Finance Operations Manager
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Finance Operations Manager is a role whose primary focus is to originate, own and drive primarily FP&A strategic initiatives and program management. The successful candidate is independent and will play a key role in driving initiatives and process improvements and will be the glue that will help FP&A run better with efficiency and speed while maintaining the operational rhythm of the business.
The Finance Operations Manager must thrive in highly ambiguous environments and is capable of operating at tactical, strategic and operational levels. The ideal candidate must be a nimble leader who can meet timely business needs or gaps in leadership and accountability while staying execution-minded.
- Identify, define, manage and drive special projects and initiatives for primarily the FP&A Team and also the broader Finance Organization; collaborate with stakeholders across the company as needed
- Drive alignment around setting strategy, forming a plan with clear goals and asks, executing and monitoring progress (e.g. Budget Planning, Long Term Planning, Quarterly Finance Reviews)
- Identify process and operational opportunities within FP&A including within the sub-teams and cross-functionally with other Finance teams (e.g. Defining key FP&A OKRs and priorities, collaborate with FP&A sub-teams (Consolidations, Systems) to optimize online Anaplan-based and offline excel-based Forecasts)
- Drive various engagement initiatives for FP&A (e.g. social and professional team building opportunities, FP&A specific onboarding, surveys to measure impact of said initiatives)
- Own process improvements to relieve operational bottlenecks, implement changes in an environment with shifting priorities (e.g. support close optimization workstreams, standardization of tools/templates)
- Document solutions and support institution of controls (e.g. one source of truth for key metrics and dimensions used across Finance, redefine roles and responsibilities between Accounting/FP&A)
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results, both within FP&A and the broader Finance organization including collaborating with Finance Strategy Team for Finance-specific opportunities
- Identify and take on ad-hoc projects including new opportunities; ability to wear multiple hats including being an Individual contributor or Leader of a cross-functional task force
- BA/BS with 5+ years of finance experience with 2+ years of project management experience
- Strategic thinking capabilities with the ability to break complex problems down into component parts; proven ability to lead and enjoy both strategic and tactical work
- Ability to dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate decisions based on changing priorities
- Independent, detailed oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience in developing and improving processes amidst ambiguity, and limited resources and supervision
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; with the ability to work well with executives, and influence across various levels of an organization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with project management tools
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top