- Palo Alto, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Facilities Manager / Office Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the facilitation of an ongoing delightful experience for all employees of Lyft by providing consistent operational support and managing an inclusive and safe environment for Lyft employees. You will report into the Head of Corporate Real Estate and Office Operations and have a passion for managing competing priorities while upholding Lyft's core values: Uplift Others, Make it Happen and Be Yourself.
- Actively participate in facilitating/overseeing an ongoing delightful employee experience by overseeing the consistent delivery of exceptional operational/facilities support from Office team members on site.
- Manage all day to day Office operations for our Palo Alto location and delegate tasks to Office team members on site as needed.
- Identify and partner with senior leadership to solve for unique challenges the Seattle office presents due to the needs of the 24/7 office operation.
- Manage office vendor operations and relationships including janitorial, food/beverage service, internal security and others as needed.
- Oversee the management of the JIRA ticket workflow for the office and respond to tickets as assigned by Office Coordinator. Perform the necessary task(s) to satisfy general office inquiries and maintenance requests. Escalate office inquiries to other Office team management as needed.
- Receive, assess, solve for or escalate to management any office related security issues reported to the Office team.
- Partner with on site managers/leads to assist with new employee seating assignments and make adjustments in seating assignments as needed.
- Manage/maintain active seating chart for the office and make adjustments as assignments change.
- Partner with leadership on site to provide facilities support for Lyft events.
- Maintain consistent and clear communication with other Office Team members in regards to any facilities or security related concerns.
- Partner with physical security Manager so ensure all security standards are in place and adhered to at all times.
- Serve as backup for and perform other duties as assigned by other office team management as needed.
- Manage additional Lyft Office team members and provide coaching, guidance, feedback and structure to support their professional growth and development.
- Assist senior management in overseeing the opex budget for the properties.
- Coordination of facility maintenance and improvements / changes as necessary.
- Other site specific duties required by the property in question.
- Ability to successfully coach, develop and manage direct reports to a level of high performance
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across departments, work collaboratively, and manage conflict constructively
- Ability to remain agile and multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- Capable of prioritizing tasks/duties as assigned and delegating tasks as needed
- 5+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of office operations experience
- Previous people management experience
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top