Engineering Manager, Workflows
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for engineering managers to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team and others provide general technical direction and oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Autonomous Infrastructure team is responsible for creating and maintaining the foundational systems that engineers rely on in order to make autonomous driving a reality. We build standardized and flexible infrastructure that enables software developers move and innovate fast. As an Engineering Manager of the Workflows team, you will work across the org to understand day to day workflows that power organization. You will build solutions that add various pieces of Lyft Infrastructure together so that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Your team will solve cutting edge distributed systems problems in the areas of large scale analytics, pubsub, stream, and batch data processing. If you love being a force multiplier in fast growing organization, then we should talk!
- Lead the team of talented engineers who are motivated by Autonomous space and love tackling large scale data problems
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Help your team to build relationships across the whole Autonomous organization and Lyft at large
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Work with your team to build and maintain a prioritized backlog to support a long term team roadmap
Experience & Skills:
- You have a technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions. That usually comes with Bachelors in CS, but doesn’t have to be
- You have 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- You can step into Product Management shoes, when there is no one to fill them
- You thrive during time of uncertainty, and enjoy bringing order and structure into unstructured world
- You think ahead and build for the future
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to backend cloud infrastructure at scale
- Exposure to front-end development and management of teams working on GUI-based tools
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top