Engineering Manager, Security
At Lyft, the community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft’s security team is growing rapidly and we are looking for an experienced engineering manager to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
- Proactively drive the vision for security across Lyft technology stack, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision
- Partner actively with product management/data infra/customer teams to build shared objectives
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Communicate risk to both technical and non-technical leaders across the business.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience recruiting, leading and growing technical teams
- You have a technical and security background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- Experience scaling and managing 8-20 person teams
- Radical transparency and thoughtful disagreement are part of your team building principles
- Communication and leadership skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively
- Experience translating technical concepts into language that is relevant to many audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders and external security community members and press.
- Successful candidates for this key role must have a high degree of integrity and capacity to work independently, under tight time constraints and high pressure
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top