At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s engineering team in Minsk is growing, and we are looking for engineering managers to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team and others provide general technical direction and oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
We are looking for the candidate with one of the following technical background:
- Spatial data processing or big data processing experience: Go, Python, Hive, Spark, Flink/streaming, low latency highly scalable web service
- Computer vision experience: TensorFlow, geoBoost, Python, Jupyter, data analysis, predictive modeling.
- High load iOS/Android applications experience.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most innovative companies in the world.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Ensures that the team delivers high quality products and solutions by following the best practices, e.g. testing, observability, etc.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers.
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- You have a 7+ years technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions, drive technical decisions and perform code reviews.
- You have 2+ years experience leading the team.
- You have experience with spatial data processing, big data processing.
- You have experience leading a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
- You think ahead and build for the future.
- The opportunity to work with the smartest engineers in the industry.
- Professional and stable working environment.
- The latest technology and equipment you need.
- English classes with native speakers.
- 28 calendar days for vacation and up to 10 paid days off.
- Spacious office facing National Library.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, you’ll never stay hungry with us!