Embedded Software Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
Lyft’s autonomous vehicle architecture consists of a sophisticated network of sensors, high-performance computers, and embedded microcontrollers. As a member of the embedded software team, you will design, architect, and implement the real-time systems that drive our autonomous vehicles and make a large impact on the future of Lyft’s autonomous efforts.
- Work with the team to design, architect, and implement critical real-time embedded systems for autonomous vehicles
- Be excited about working on software closely connected to hardware and cars
- Deliver high-quality C/C++ code
- Collaborate with hardware, systems, and autonomy teams
- Participate in hands-on hardware bringup, system debugging, and code optimization
- Participate in hardware and software systems design reviews
- Be a team player on everything from developing infrastructure to doing code reviews
- 3+ years software embedded experience
- Extensive programming experience in C/C++
- Strong background in object oriented design, prioritizing testability and reusability
- Deep knowledge of embedded programming platforms
- Knowledge of ARM, x86, or similar processor architectures
- Helpful: understanding of real-time OS architecture and designs (e.g. FreeRTOS, threadx, etc)
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Back to top