Electrical Engineer, System Integration
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Transit, Bikes & Scooters works on micro-mobility and mass transit. This team is a key piece of realizing Lyft’s mission of transforming lives through urban transportation and sustainability.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will collaborate and be involved in all phases of the engineering process from design to deployment to meet micro-mobility functionality requirements. You will design and support the compute and networking architecture with various electronic circuit and PCB designs for motherboards, networking, synchronization, and controls. You will work cross-functionally to gather requirements, come up with architectural design and get buy-in from core technical team members. You will translate design architecture into implementation through component selection, schematic capture, layout, functional review, fab, test plan, bringup, validation, all the way to production.
- Derive technical specifications based on product level requirements
- Own architecture selection, electrical design, schematic, layout, and validation of electronic PCBAs and multi-component electrical systems.
- Support Sourcing and Procurement teams to vet supply chain and production partners
- Validate design through functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test and system coexistence testing
- Set factory test requirements, assist in software bring up, and travel on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully
- Research technologies and scope development opportunities
- Communicate cross functionally to to deliver a successful product to market
- Lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, or 3+ years of related industry experience
- Experience with embedded systems design, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially CAN, USB, SPI, I2C and UART), analog design, sensor integration, low power design, high power design, and various RF technologies
- Experience using eCAD tools for schematic capture, layout, and analysis
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support
- Ability to be hands-on in the lab and want to be in the details (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, including ability to design and verify circuits in the analog domain
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team to successfully deliver products to market
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Back to top