Electric Vehicle Deployment Lead
At Lyft, community is who we are, it’s what we do, and it’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community, by creating an open, inclusive and diverse organization where all team members belong.
Lyft is seeking an Electric Vehicle (EV) Deployment Lead to drive EV adoption at Lyft. Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure Operations, you will be responsible for driving the deployment of EVs and Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) across various Lyft programs. You bring an operators mindset with a track record of successfully scaling asset-intensive programs in the field. Working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders, you will be critical to creating a comprehensive EV program that will help Lyft become the defining transportation provider of our generation.
- EV Deployment
- Drive pilot and full-scale deployments of EVs across a range of Lyft platforms, including our Express Drive rental program and personal vehicles.
- Charging Infrastructure
- Build and manage relationships with charging providers and utilities, negotiate charging contracts
- Manage deployment for dedicated infrastructure (site/vendor selection, permitting, construction and interconnection)
- Model or measure EV charging usage and driver experience, develop programs to enhance charger utilization & experience
- Partner with with Product team on EV features for driver & passenger apps
- Develop product roadmap for EVs & prioritize feature development
- Manage EV-specific elements of current and future OEM partnerships, charging providers, and utilities
- Build and manage commercial relationships with 3rd-party charging providers and electric utilities, negotiate charging contracts in key markets
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in operations with 2+ years of experience deploying electric vehicle station equipment or similar assets
- Deep understanding of transportation and energy systems including electric vehicle technology, charging infrastructure and grid/utilities
- Strong program management and communication skills
- Experience leading large-scale, complex projects and proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and lead without authority
- Entrepreneurial, curious, and scrappy self-starter with exceptional strategic and problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, and sometimes unstructured environment
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top