Diversity Business Partner, Tech
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We are looking for an experienced and thoughtful Diversity Business Partner, Tech to join the Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) team. You will report into the Head of Inclusion and Diversity and may have a few direct reports (Tech DBP's) to help grow the global Tech organizations. We are looking for a strategic global I&D practitioner who has experience assessing organizational gaps, and consulting/coaching leaders and inspiring teams.
The Senior Diversity Business Partner, Tech will work with partners from Recruiting, People Business Partner Team, Legal partners integrating I&D in company-wide people and talent processes as well as design and implement holistic Inclusion and Diversity workforce strategies. This is an exciting time to join Lyft! We are in an amazing stage of growth and you will be essential to help increase workforce diversity in Tech
- Build a Tech diversity strategy that is integrated with existing talent management, hiring, retention, and development processes.
- Provide expertise, coaching and consulting to grow peer I&D skill development workplace inclusiveness
- Establish and build trusting relationships
- Empower Tech DBP team members, use their personal and collective strengths, diversity of thought to implement I&D strategies
- In partnership with the Tech Talent recruitment team, Learning and Development, People Business Partners (PBP), Social Impact Team provide I&D expert expertise to evolve internal and external programs.
- Travel and participate in local and national diversity conferences, event, Tech industry panels/roundtable
- Experience working, coaching, consulting across all team member levels
- Experienced facilitator and able to create content for I&D education and messaging to enhance internal I&D understanding and awareness.
- Monitor and utilize internal data (recruiting metrics, employee demographics, workplace/engagement survey themes) and external data (marketplace availability) and metrics that matter to provide insights to inform all strategies
- Collaborate with the Head of Strategic Sourcing and Tech Diversity Recruiting Manager to create new candidate sourcing and selection strategies while improving the candidate experience measured through quantitative/qualitative metrics
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 7+ years of experience executing holistic Inclusion and Diversity recruitment, talent management, project management action plans
- Build trusting relationships
- Accomplished facilitator and able to create content for I&D education and messaging to help enhance internal understanding and awareness
- Preferred skills in organizational development or organizational effectiveness
- Change management and consultation skills
- Encourage and promote difficult discussions
- Knowledge of essential People team processes, and EEO compliance areas
- 5-7 years of people management experience
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top