Director, Transit Partnerships
At Lyft, community is who we are, it’s what we do, and it’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community, by creating an open, inclusive and diverse organization where all team members belong.
Lyft’s City Partnerships department works cross-functionally to develop and support vital relationships core to the transportation heart of communities. Whether you find yourself at an airport, a favorite place to catch a show or game, or the last train stop for work, we’re dedicated to delivering the best experience possible. The Transit Partnerships team works with transit agencies to provide complementary multimodal options that ensure transit remains the foundation of urban mobility, reduce single occupancy vehicle travel, and remove the need to own a car.
As Director of Transit Partnerships, you will be responsible for ensuring Lyft is the preferred partner for first/last mile solutions and beyond. This means maintaining strong and lasting relationships by keeping your finger on the pulse of day-to-day areas of opportunities in the transit space while balancing the rapidly changing needs of our business. Importantly, you will constantly strive to ensure our partnerships remain strong through hard work and dedication to creating the best experience possible for drivers and passengers
- Work closely with Lyft’s government relations, product, compliance, and local operations teams to develop, negotiate and execute complex partnership structures
- Build Lyft’s presence and reputation among external stakeholders through strong communication channels and participation in relevant industry events
- Create programs, process, and influence product strategy to empower Lyft’s Local Teams to source, onboard, and develop transit relationships at scale
- Domestic travel will be necessary
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant business development and some transit agency or government experience required
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker and data driven, but also a creative problem solver - you will be building new business models and partnership structures within a policy-driven environment
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Collegial, high energy, and persistent personality, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top