At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Science is a specialized and cross-functional team comprised of Data and Research Scientists that collaborates with Product, Engineering, Growth, Operations, Finance, and Marketing to drive decision-making and data-driven product development at Lyft. The team leads high impact projects, regularly partners with our executive team, and develops key strategic frameworks for all business areas.
We are hiring an experienced leader with a technical background to lead talented groups of Data and Research Scientists in various verticals of the business. Our scientists are the people who drive impact using data at Lyft—in the forms of production algorithms, measurement frameworks, and actionable business insights. We’re looking for someone who can balance technical rigor with speed and pace of execution. The ideal candidate will grow and manage a large Science organization while providing high-level, strategic technical direction and simultaneously drive business impact.
- Lead a management group supporting multiple teams of scientists across a dedicated business vertical
- Build a world-class Science organization by hiring managers and individual contributors
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigor around data, experimentation, and measurement across all products
- Mentor and guide the professional development of Data/Research Science Managers
- Foster a collegial environment that values knowledge sharing and technical growth
- Be a strategic partner for executives, business stakeholders, and product managers to develop roadmaps
- Be the go-to data leader for the business vertical, interfacing with other leaders and executives across the company
- Set business goals and drive accountability for metrics and key results across in the company
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, diverse, and respectful of each other
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or another quantitative field
- 6+ years of hands-on technical experience in analytics, data science or research science
- 6+ years of experience building, managing, and mentoring teams of data scientists and/or research scientists
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Empowers team members to have a strong sense of ownership over their work
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to drive cross-team and cross-organization initiatives forward
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top