Director, Product (Fraud and Identity)
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring. Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works. We imagine a world where cities feel small again. Where transportation and tech bring people together, instead of apart. We see the future as community-driven — and it starts with you.
Trust and confidence is fundamental to Lyft, and the Fraud and Identity teams are charged with ensuring that trust and safety to all customers. The Fraud and Identity Team are two distinct but critical teams that are at the core of how Lyft operates. This involves enabling passengers to take rides with the appropriate fraud and risk checks, protecting the customer’s profile and accounts, as well as paying the drivers securely in a seamless and frictionless manner. The challenge and opportunity is to enable a superior and secure experience through the Lyft app for passengers and drivers. The Fraud and Identity Team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the entire sharing industry.
We’re looking for a product leader to join a fast-paced and transformational start-up to manage various fraud and identity initiatives. While managing product development, The Director of Product, Fraud and Identity will analyze, investigate, and identify solutions to mitigate and prevent fraud and identity compromises. This individual is responsible for developing features, platforms, models, and capabilities to proactively identify sources and patterns of fraud and minimize the company’s total exposure to financial and reputational risk. The product leader will develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish Lyft, and its systems, as the industry leader in fraud management, mitigation, and identity-based capabilities and services.
- Be the product leader driving our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud and Identity
- Demand a customer-first approach and define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities
- Be the ‘go-to’ leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud, risk and identity solutions.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Business Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering
- Translate customer and internal user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud and identity landscape
- Guide and interface closely with data analysts and engineering teams to define scope, review, and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Oversee the design, development, and management of real-time systems and models used to combat systematic fraud, identity fraud, etc.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and creation of product insights
- Communicate and report status, primary metrics, key fraud, identity issues, solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Partner with Business Operations, Finance, Business Leaders and Regional GMs to manage the impact to profitability of the overall Lyft business and individual regions
- Manage and grow a team of product managers while providing development, mentorship, and excitement to exceed team and department goals
Experience & Skills:
- Experience with Fraud and Risk across payments, ecommerce, retail, digital media and/or other financial services industries
- Possess a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data, and prior experience to create insights for a dedicated team of product managers and engineers
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles and iterative delivery of a commercially available product
- Experience in UI/UX testing and validation
- Expert knowledge, skills and demonstrated track record across a range of functions including payment processing, authentication, identity verification, etc.
- Proven experience in reducing fraud successfully and building sustainable fraud and identity products and systems
- Proven ability to attract, develop, and grow product leaders.
- Be extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Excellent time management skills & written and verbal communication
- Problem-solving passion and service orientation
- Master's degree
- Effective in dealing with senior executives in customer organizations
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated track history of working with nascent products/services in new markets
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top