Director of Product, Safety
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Our goal is to be there for our Riders and Drivers for every step of their Lyft experience. We are looking for a Director of Product to lead the Safety tech team charged with creating critical products and tools for Lyft, holding ourselves to the highest standard to create a welcoming, reliable, and safe space for all.
The Director of Product on the safety team will report to Lyft's VP of Safety and will be responsible for the company’s strategy and execution on safety, both directly and through managing of a team of product managers and leads. Our tech teams are solving the most challenging technical and human problems in the industry with all of the data, technologies, and methodologies enabled by Lyft’s scale. They look to their managers for strategic direction, organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback.
- You will set the long-term strategic product and technology vision for Safety tech
- You will outline the customer safety experience and impact for all of Lyft’s customer types across Rider and Driver populations
- You will develop a customer-focused product roadmap and build alignment across product and other partnering teams (Engineering, Design, User Research, Science, Customer Support, and Risk Operations)
- You will guide and collaborate closely with data scientists, engineering, design, and user research
- You will work with Customer Support and Trust leadership to build a streamlined, full funnel experience that optimizes operations and product touch points
- You will translate customer and operational needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the safety landscape
- You will manage a team of managers and product managers by providing development, mentorship, and support to exceed team and department goals
Experience & Skills:
- You have 10+ years of product management or relevant experience in tech-related field
- You have an academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- You have a proven ability to build relationships and work with partners across a complex organization
- You have experience partnering with Business Operations, Finance, and Business Leaders to understand and drive decisions balancing users needs with impacts to profitability
- You have experience building real-world, technically complex products with meaningful integration of machine learning and data modeling
- You have strong writing and presentation skills with the ability to develop effective narratives utilizing strategy, priorities and data
- You have a positive attitude, grit, and a willingness to be hands-on
- You have demonstrated experience of product leadership, specifically managing, developing, mentoring, and providing strategic direction to empower others
- You have a passion for Lyft and our mission to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top