Director of Product, Fraud & Identity
Trust is fundamental to Lyft, and the Fraud and Identity teams are charged with ensuring that trust and safety to all customers. The Fraud and Identity Team are two distinct but essential teams that are at the core of how Lyft operates. This involves empowering passengers to take rides with the appropriate fraud and risk checks, protecting the customer’s profile and accounts, and paying the drivers securely in a seamless and frictionless manner. The challenge and opportunity is to promote secure experience through the Lyft app for passengers and drivers. The Fraud and Identity Team has a history of ensuring rich and creative features that set the standard for the entire sharing industry.
We’re looking for a product leader to join a transformational company to manage multiple fraud and identity programs. While managing product development, The Director of Product, Fraud and Identity will analyze and identify solutions to reduce and prevent fraud and identity compromises. You will develop features, platforms, models, and capabilities to identify sources and patterns of fraud and minimize our total exposure to financial and risk. The product leader will develop a long-term vision to establish Lyft, and its systems, as the industry leader in fraud management, mitigation, and identity-based capabilities and services.Responsibilities:
- Be the product leader driving our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud and Identity
- Demand a customer-first approach and define and voice the customer experience and improvement for fraud detection and prevention activities
- Be the ‘go-to’ leader for multiple teams to provide the latest fraud, risk and identity solutions.
- Develop a customer-focused product roadmap through close collaboration with senior leadership, Business Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering
- Translate customer and internal user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and understanding of the fraud and identity landscape
- Guide and interface closely with data analysts and engineering teams to determine scope, review, and refine technical capabilities, projects for release, and establish new opportunities
- Oversee the design, development, and management of real-time systems and models used to combat systematic fraud, identity fraud, etc.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and creation of product insights
- Experience with Fraud and Risk across payments, , retail, digital media or other financial services industries
- 5+ years of people management experience, with experience managing managers strongly preferred
- Have a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in using information generated from fraud patterns, data, and experience to create insights for a dedicated team of product managers and engineers
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles and iterative delivery of a commercially available product
- Experience in UI/UX testing and validation
- Expert knowledge, skills and demonstrated track record across a range of responsibilities including payment processing, authentication, identity verification, etc.
- Experience reducing fraud and building sustainable fraud and identity products and systems
- Experience attracting, developing, and growing leaders.
- Be extremely focused on data and analytics and experience through continuous improvement
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top