Director of Communications, Driver
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring a director to lead communications across our driver audiences, with a focus on earned-media campaigns and grassroots community-building. Reporting to the VP Communications, you will set strategy, shape multi-audience messaging, execute innovative tactics and help make Lyft the preferred brand for rideshare drivers across the U.S. and Canada.
We’ll expect you to tell us what to do to achieve our brand awareness and growth goals. You have ideas that go beyond traditional PR — including community-organizing and grassroots activations. You’re always thinking outside the box but also an expert at scalable, block-and-tackle programs. People who have worked with you love you. You’re not an individual contributor; you love managing and helping teammates achieve their own goals, too.
- Design and drive an effective, long-term communications/community strategy to deliver against the org’s Marketing priorities
- Support overall driver growth goals
- Work closely with brand and marketing teams to inform and leverage key programs
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to continually up-level our communications programs
- Unique and unexpected tactics
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of PR/Communications experience
- Strong consumer and business media and influencer experience
- Proven experience in managing teams
- Strong ability to prioritize and provide counsel to internal partners
- Direct experience building brands and directing narratives in the media
- Demonstrated strategic leadership within fast-paced environments
- You’re an avid Lyft user
- Experience in coalition-building
- Fierce champion for diversity in all possible ways
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top