Director, Marketing, Transit, Bikes and Scooters
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Imagine a world where with a single app and affordable membership, you can easily choose between modes and get the right ride for your needs every single time - whether it's a bike, scooter, bus, train, or car. Bikes and Scooters create personal transit options that people love and cities need. We also connect people to Transit stops with a sustainable and affordable transportation option, making it more feasible to give up a personal car.
We’re searching for a Director, Marketing to lead marketing efforts for our Transit, Bikes and Scooters (TBS) business, reporting to our VP, Marketing. You will be responsible for developing a cohesive marketing strategy across growth marketing, product marketing with elements of brand marketing to help drive acquisition, engagement, preference and loyalty. Partnering and managing cross-functional teams, you will work closely with central marketing, communications, product, the Head of TBS and other leaders within TBS to ensure all marketing is insight-driven, inspiring, and results-focused.
As a part of our TBS team, you will have a meaningful opportunity to expand on our vision to be the most widely used and loved multimodal transportation network in our markets. TBS is in startup mode within a growth-stage company and how we operate in local markets shifts rapidly. Like us, you continuously test and iterate and understand what it’s like to work in environments where change is constant.
- Design and lead growth strategy by using owned and paid media channels to grow new user acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention in a scalable and efficient way
- Develop positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation that helps increase market share, fuels adoption and ensures a uniform and inspiring experience across channels (both in and out of product).
- In collaboration with Regional Marketing, Brand Marketing, help build our national and local brand narratives and stories for multi-model user experiences
- Define and mobilize the marketing strategy behind the broader mission of Transit, Bikes and Scooters as part of Lyft’s efforts to reach zero-carbon footprint
- Assess the market, research, identify and leverages desires and trends of TBS Riders across all markets for engagement as well as branding opportunities
- Be the voice of the customer to guide the Marketing, TBS and Product organization, sharing brand data and insights
- Manage other Marketing teams cross-functionally to deliver campaigns and programs that deliver on business goals; also drive alignment with Product, Growth, Ops, Enterprise, etc.
- Move with speed and agility to keep pace with a fast-moving and fast-growing business; be able to try new things and learn quickly
- Close to 12 years+ growth marketing or product marketing strategy experience - additional experience in leading brand strategy high preferred
- You create inclusive, culturally-aware acquisition and retention marketing campaigns inside of technology-enabled consumer companies, preferably within startup environments - experience outside of an agency setting is required
- You’re well-versed in leading large cross-functional, collaborative teams as well as directly managing small teams. You’re an exceptionally strong collaborator that brings groups together to make impact
- You're quantitative by nature; make decisions supported by data, insights and metrics to empower brand strategy, test and measure to build compelling marketing programs that achieve measurable value
- You’re resourceful, forward in thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset. Familiar also with working in a startup, scrappy environment
- You have a lot of exposure to influencing and partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders
- You devote time to educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and showing with numbers the impact and ROI behind marketing campaigns. You’re passionate about embodying the company’s mission, values into marketing strategy to "delight" customers.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top