Director, FP&A (G&A)
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring a Director for its Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Team. This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in helping build a financial foundation for one of the fastest growing pre-IPO companies. The candidate in this position will provide financial and analytical support to Lyft’s General and Administrative (G&A) organization to drive strategic decisions for the company.
- Manage the G&A Finance team and partner with G&A Executives and VPs
- Lead beyond budgeting and planning – be a thought leader and partner with the People, Real Estate and Office Operations, Policy, and Finance leaders to drive operational efficiencies while scaling the company
- Build guardrails and milestones for financial and performance management and identify controls and improve processes
- Oversee compensation and benefits forecasting, equity budget management, and workforce planning
- Serve as the business partner to the People team and ensure smooth workflows into the broader Finance organization such as Accounting, Payroll, etc.
- Develop key financial metrics and analysis to support the unique needs of G&A functions
- Deliver monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results, including variances to business’ plan, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are clearly understood and highlighted
- Lead the development of executive-grade analytics and reporting
- Partner with broader FP&A team and other Heads of Finance on cross-functional initiatives, supporting with financial models and ad-hoc analysis
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure we have best-in-class processes to meet various program and contractual commitments
- Manage and continue to grow a high-performing group of individuals supporting these functions
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 10+ years of experience working in a high-growth environment; consumer/marketplace finance experience preferred
- Proven track record of leading and managing high-performing teams
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaboratively working relationships with teams across an organization
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and “making it happen”
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top