Director, FP&A (Customer Experience & Trust)
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Providing world-class support to our riders and drivers is a key tenet of our strategy towards building the world’s best transportation network. The Customer Experience and Trust team manages more than a million touch points with our customers every month. In close partnership with Product, Operations, and Marketing, they work diligently to resolve customer disputes, improve the platform experience and elevate the Lyft brand. The Director of Finance for CET will lead all aspects of financial planning, strategic analysis and decision-making support for one of Lyft’s largest teams. The ideal candidate will help drive thought leadership in thinking about CET as more than a cost-center and about the broader vision of delivering a differentiated community member experience.
This role is a highly visible role that will help shape the future of Lyft. A strategic thought partner, this finance leader will also work with executives and influence decisions that will have a real impact on the business’ P&L. The candidate will lead and expand a core finance team to continuously deliver exceptional financial support.
- Lead all aspects of headcount planning, expense budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning for the CET teams
- Push the boundaries of financial forecasting and analysis; drive architecture of financial models that not only produce results with a high degree of accuracy but also provide actionable insights
- Build guardrails and milestones for financial and performance management and identify controls and improve processes to prepare these business units for public markets
- Create a high-degree of visibility into various drivers of NPS and costs through analysis of customer touch points with CET
- Connect the dots on customer experience and retention/engagement. Analyze impact to costs as new initiatives are launched
- Act as the financial liaison with the Technology and Operations teams to build predictive models/frameworks, analyze the impact of various initiatives and recommend decisions that will have a significant impact
- Deliver quarterly analysis and reporting of the business' financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Partner with the broader FP&A team and other Heads of Finance on cross-functional initiatives, supporting with financial models and ad-hoc analysis
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure we have best-in-class processes to meet various program and contractual commitments
- Manage and continue to grow a high-performing group of individuals currently supporting these functions
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of finance experience with exposure to working in a high-growth environment where technology organizations scaled rapidly
- Prior exposure in finance leadership to supporting large-scale Customer Support organizations highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; advanced degrees preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proven track record of leading and managing performance-driven finance teams
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaboratively working relationships with teams across an organization
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and “making it happen”
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top