Director, Driver On-Boarding
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Driver On-Boarding Team’s mission is to get every driver applicant through the funnel in a friction free way by making it easier than ever to get on the road. Our team is heavily cross-functional as we sit at the intersection between Product, Marketing, Ops and Driver Support. We are split into two primary teams: one focused on a concierge on-boarding experience for the driver, and the other focused on making sure all systems are functioning according to plan.
As a leader on the Driver On-boarding team, you’ll set the strategy that drives decisions across Operations, Product, Marketing, and Finance. We are building a Concierge On-boarding program for our drivers that provides them personalized direct access to Lyft. You’ll be expected lead the analytical strategic thinking behind what motivates drivers to get on the road and identify how our agent teams should communicate. If you are motivated by determining what matters most and executing on those insights, this is the role for you!
- Lead and manage a team of 6+ high performers
- Deeply understand the Driver On-boarding process and work to identify primary opportunities for improvement
- Design execution strategy and investment case (if any) for opportunity areas, including background check, vehicle inspection and document upload processes
- Present quantitative and qualitative findings to senior leadership to drive high-impact decisions
- Manage a cross-functional project team to ensure On-boarding experience improves
- Lead operational relationships with external partners and service providers
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to independently break down large datasets and synthesize inputs from multiple sources
- Ruthless prioritization skills across multiple projects and functional areas
- Ability to craft a compelling story and concisely present recommendations across teams and levels
- Strong influence and negotiation skills to function in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Balance between intellectual curiosity and the desire to roll up your sleeves and execute
- 5-10+ years experience (with 1-2+ years in a top 3 management consulting firm, investment banking, corporate strategy, or equivalent) and some management experience
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering, with an MBA preferred
- Basic proficiency in SQL or a desire to learn
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top