Data Science Manager
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Data Science is at the heart of Lyft’s products and decision-making. As a member of the Science team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the world’s best transportation. Data Scientists take on a variety of problems ranging from shaping critical business decisions to building algorithms that power our internal and external products. We’re looking for passionate, driven Data Scientists to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems in ridesharing.
Our team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a data science leader with the ability and experience to help us scale. As a leader on the team, you’ll be responsible for building and promoting the analytic frameworks Lyft uses to make decisions. You’ll be managing data scientists, and also building relationships and partnering with product and operations teams. The ideal candidate can navigate complex technical topics, strategic problem solving, and team development to deliver business impact. If you’re driven, collaborative, resourceful, and can communicate complex ideas with ease, then we’d like to talk to you.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of data scientists
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, marketing, finance, and operations to achieve business goals
- Prioritize and lead deep dives into our data to uncover new product and business opportunities
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Collaborate with other leaders and executives to build data-informed business strategy and product roadmaps
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering (advanced degrees are preferred) or relevant work experience
- 6+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science role or equivalent
- 2+ years management experience building and leading data science teams
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Skilled at managing cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple teams
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to drive cross-team and cross-organization initiatives forward
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top