Customer Immersion Specialist
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Immersion Specialist will coordinate and facilitate immersion activities for Lyft employees that build empathy and connection to customer experiences by curating sessions that include customer callbacks, focus groups, support side by sides, and/or experience blueprint immersions. The purpose is to bring the customer’s voice to life, in a real, and visceral way so that we may create deep customer empathy for the teams that design, develop, and create our product experiences. The ideal candidate is someone that takes pleasure in advocating for customers and is never satisfied with the status quo – educating broadly and ensuring we make decisions that lead to a great experience.
- Captivate interest & influence change by curating experiences that make customer feedback understood, tangible, and actionable
- Build cross functional relationships to effectively influence and deliver impactful immersion sessions
- Maintain a consistent communication strategy and plan for informing stakeholders around progress, health, roadblocks (with actions) and completeness for all immersion assignments and initiatives
- Execute on improvement opportunities for the customer immersion program
- Understand quantitative & qualitative analysis and devise feedback sessions to inform problem understanding and/or readiness approach per initiative
- Conduct dynamic meetings or working sessions with stakeholders that move problem solving forward via root cause identification
- Apply a variety of methods and approaches to facilitate process mapping and problem-solving; experiments to find the best solutions
- Educate through immersion and customer/partner stories, building internal empathy and understanding
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years working cross functionally in a customer support or operations environment
- Experience facilitating teams in workshops and sessions that moves observation to commitment
- Commitment to constant improvement and growth
- Demonstrated passion for customers - a true customer advocate
- Ability in using customer data to make decisions
- Successful track record of autonomously running multiple, concurrent projects
- Concise, direct, clear communication with a validated ability to navigate difficult messages and clear up ambiguity
- Ability to balance curiosity and the assumption of positive intent with skepticism and driving business results
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top