Counsel, Product & Commercial
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring an outstanding Product & Commercial Counsel to join our expanding Legal team. You will partner with and provide legal guidance to departments such as Marketing, Product, Operations, Brand and Business Development on initiatives that influence all aspects of the business. The legal issues you’ll encounter are cutting edge, revolutionary and always evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise using a creative and pragmatic approach.
- Provide business-minded legal advice to teams including Operations, Product, Marketing, Brand and Business Development from the initial stages of product development through launch
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of legal agreements, from NDAs to strategic partnerships
- Improve our standard form agreements and legal processes that help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies
- Assist other teams with projects on an as-needed basis
Experience & Skills:
- Law Degree from top-tier law school
- 5+ years of experience working in a law firm and in-house legal department
- Experience working in a retail and operations-heavy business
- Familiarity with retail, rental and leasing business models and laws a plus
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial agreements, including sales, marketing, and partnerships
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in the development of Internet and mobile products and services
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Willing and eager to take on new areas of law
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving workplace
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top