- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are hiring an outstanding Commercial Counsel to join our expanding Legal team. You will work closely with Lyft’s global supply management partnership and sales teams. You will review, negotiate and execute a broad variety of commercial contracts to support our growth and operations, including SaaS agreements, business partnerships and Lyft enterprise sales contracts.
The successful candidate will be organized, an entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, multifaceted, dynamic environment, excellent at building strong relationships, and passionate about closing the deal.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements between Lyft and all types of vendors, partners and customers
- Work closely with the global supply management, partnerships and sales teams to summarize and communicate legal concepts clearly and effectively
- Advise our business teams on relevant legal contexts, issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- Improve our standard form agreements and legal processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Develop and refine playbooks and processes to streamline negotiation process
- Qualified attorney and Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel
- 3+ years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience working in the technology/software sector is a plus
- Experience with intellectual property issues relating to IP ownership, media content licensing and/or trademark issues is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements
- Proven ability to provide quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice while properly balancing risks and business reward
- Dedication to superior customer service
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands, and shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving workplace
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interested in learning new things, and desire to get things done
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top