Collision Technician 3
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app and great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why we’ve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance and repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As a Collision Technician you will report into the Service Manager. You will be responsible for the learning, execution, certification and improvement of our work standards and processes, which are an integral part of our overall vehicle repair and service system. Your role as a member of our team, as is everyone's, is to focus on the improvement of the whole system, so that our customer is better served. This work requires teaming, respect, problem solving and collaboration with all parts of our organization, always keeping our customer and fulfillment of their needs as the target. The work is to better understand how your work affects all the other pieces of the process, so that when all work interacts, better outcomes are created.
- Performs all body repair processes and operations up to light structural repair
- Supports all technicians with diagnostic work as needed
- Proficient with all disassembly and reassembly processes including mechanical and suspension
- Trained in restraint system diagnosis, replacement and reprogramming (ICAR preferred)
- Performs all maintenance and service operations of workflow system
- Maintains and executes system standards and visual management
- Achieves on going technical and process training and certification
Experience & Skills:
- Has advanced knowledge and experience in automotive body repairs.
- Has worked professionally in the field for 5 years or more
- Take pride in craftsmanship
- Understands both what quality is and how to do quality work (do the job exactly right the first time)
- Possesses the ability and desire to learn and teach
- Has experience working in a successful team
- Brand new, state of the art equipment provided
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top