Business Development Manager, Airports
- New York, NY
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Airport Business Development team works cross-functionally to develop and support vital relationships core to delivering the best experience possible for riders and drivers at some of Lyft’s busiest locations. Working on the Airports team gives you the opportunity to help drive strategy that impacts millions of travelers per year.
As a Business Development Manager for Airports, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and leveraging strong and lasting relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Lyft is the preferred choice for Airport travel. Expect to contribute to local and team-wide strategy, industry events, and managing internal processes on key issues, while being accountable for delivering programs and best practices at scale. Importantly, you will constantly strive to ensure our partnerships remain strong through hard work and dedication to creating the best experience possible for drivers and passengers.
- Spearhead Lyft’s negotiations on airport agreements to ensure terms are conducive to growing Lyft business and present an inviting operating environment to Lyft riders and drivers
- Lead mitigation efforts against operational and institutional threats at region’s airports
- Work closely with Lyft’s Operations, Public Policy, Product, and Compliance teams to define priorities, build relationships, and lead cross-functional execution against defined metrics and OKRs
- Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to internal and external stakeholders, and negotiate and execute new growth initiatives
- Build Lyft’s presence and reputation among external stakeholders through strong communication channels and participation in relevant industry events
- Manage all aspects of existing relationships, ensuring partner success, and developing new growth opportunities through both proactive and reactive levers
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree a plus
- 5+ years of relevant business development and/or airport related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, customer service oriented approach to work
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and organizational skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adept at solving problems creatively
- Ability to work closely with people of different professional and personal backgrounds
- Experience in or around government agencies or political offices
- Experience developing national strategic partnerships with an operational execution
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top