Business Analyst, Product Operations
- San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Product Operations team’s mission is to continuously identify, build, and optimize sustainable growth levers. Our team is heavily cross-functional as we sit in the intersection between Product, Marketing, Operations and Data Science. The team takes a strong data-driven approach to identify the highest potential opportunities to unlock additional growth that is fundamental to success. The broad scope of the team enables us to be nimble and focus on the highest priority problem areas.
As a key team member on the Product Operations team, you’ll various own work streams, analyses, modeling, strategy, and business metrics that drive the growth of the Lyft ecosystem at scale. You’ll be a strong leader of cross-functional teams and be effective at synthesizing input and perspective from key stakeholders. We are looking for analytical talent to provide insights and actionable recommendations that will drive impact through better business decisions.
- Develop frameworks and deliver analyses to guide decision-making and ruthless prioritization across functions
- Uncover new areas of opportunity and leverage to scale our Driver onboarding program
- Manage, build and automate models and reporting to provide regional and national teams with actionable insights on volume, efficiency, and driver experience
- Present findings, recommendations, and results to senior leadership
- Collaborate with Data Science and Machine Learning Research to transform insights into applied models for optimal decision-making
- Ability to independently break down large datasets and synthesize inputs from multiple sources
- Advanced financial and scenario modeling skills
- Strong product and user experience sense
- Ability to craft a compelling story and concisely present recommendations across teams and levels
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Balance between intellectual curiosity and the desire to roll up your sleeves and execute
- 3+ years experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or equivalent analytical role in a high growth startup
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering preferred. MBA a plus
- Proficiency in SQL or a desire to learn
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top