Associate People Business Partner, Bikes & Scooters
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Are you a passionate people person? Are you a clear, concise, and witty communicator? Do your friends envy your highly organized spreadsheets and post-it systems? When you work on a project, is no detail too small for your expert attention? When you see a problem, are you excited to dig in and solve it?
We are looking for a sharp, clever, and driven Associate People Business Partner to join our amazing People Team. In this role, you’ll help the People Operations Team provide excellent service to and create value for our business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for team members in our Bikes and Scooters organization / regional teams
- Share Lyft’s People policies and practices, and field team member questions of all types, from performance management to leaves of absence
- Assure the integrity of permanent employee records and files, both physical and electronic, including processing new hire paperwork, exit paperwork, eVerify and HRIS updates, leave of absence paperwork, and other records and reports
- Support the People Team in executing company-wide People programs and strategic projects focused on building Lyft’s culture and strengthening team member engagement, including performance management, engagement survey action planning, and team development
- Hone your already-strong communication skills, and support good change management through open, honest, and timely communication
- Administer leaves of absence, counseling employees about their leave options and coaching managers through employee leaves; initiate the interactive process for employees requesting disability accommodations
- Work with the PBP to assist with internal investigations and prepare all required documentation
Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years experience in HR or HR related working experience
- Independent, organized, and passionate about detail
- A team player. Excellent at building relationships within your team and across teams
- A motivated and active learner. If you don’t understand something, you figure out a way to learn about it, and you aren’t afraid to ask when you need help
- A track record of owning projects or programs end to end, including, but not limited to, communications and change management
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for people, a strong sense of personal integrity, and a desire to do the right thing
- Proven ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest big-picture solutions
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top