Associate Marketing Manager, Autonomous Vehicles
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring an Associate Marketing Manager to support our autonomous vehicle division!
The Autonomous Vehicle Business Team team works directly with our Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and executive team to help define and shape the future of our self-driving business. This is a small, high-velocity team of dedicated people who push each other to do our greatest work - and have each other’s back. We also are very cross-functional, working with many areas of the business to achieve our goals, including Communications, Brand, Creative, Recruiting, Product Marketing, Legal, Operations, and Finance.
We are looking for a startup-oriented marketer who is flexible, adaptable, and eager to roll up their sleeves to get anything done — big or small. We market in a highly technical vertical (AI, machine learning, robotics, automotive, etc.) and work across Talent / Recruiting, B2Gov, Consumer, B2B, and so adaptability and the ability to context shift are required for success.
Strong candidates will have event production skills, project management skills, communication skills (verbal & written), and positioning / messaging skills. You are highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, have a strong work ethic, and are open to flexible hours (evenings and weekends, as needed), and travel as needed.
This role is an amazing high-investment, high-return opportunity for someone with entrepreneurial drive. Come change the world with us and take your skills to the next level!
- Work cross-functionally with Recruiting, Engineering, and Marketing teams to grow the Level 5 brand and technical talent pool
- Own the events and conferences calendar and flawlessly execute all elements of event production including budgeting, creative, messaging, onsite coordination, and tracking
- Be a strategic business owner of the Lyft self-driving brands
- Own and update the internal marketing resources and drive creative production of new assets
- Work independently, as well as with in-house agencies and outside vendors, to direct creative production
- Support cross-functional projects with Communications, Business Development, Engineering, and Creative, to position Lyft as a thought leader in the press and at industry events
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of Lyft’s key audiences
Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years of marketing, creative, project management, or operations experience
- 2+ years professional experience or personal projects in large-scale event production
- A creative mind and passion for hospitality
- Proven success producing high quality and quantity of work in a fast paced environment
- Proven success working with a variety of stakeholders (vendors, agencies, creative teams, clients, sales teams, etc.) to tell compelling stories
- Very strong written communication skills - including messaging, positioning, and copywriting
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Keynote / PowerPoint ninja and intermediate in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Analytical thinker who is results driven, leveraging data to inform strategic decisions
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a bias to action
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top