Architecture & Design Manager
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Lyft Retail Development team is looking for talented designers to help us design Driver Hubs, Vehicle Service Centers, Bikes and Scooters Warehouses. Imagine beautifully branded spaces throughout our cities where Lyft drivers can have their car serviced, get support from friendly Lyft staff, connect with other drivers, and invest in themselves. We envision community centers with cafes, training areas, event space and much more. Someday, these centers will likely support both our human driver community and our fleet of autonomous vehicles. The possibilities are endless and the plans are only in their infancy, so we are looking for talented, dynamic individuals to help us bring this vision to reality.
- Produce concept designs and evolve schematic design into permit drawings with consulting teams
- Manage external architects and vendor schedules and budgets
- Keep abreast of regulations in market to ensure design and zoning compliance
- Manage multiple projects at the same time in different phases of design
- Collaborate with Real Estate to source properties that fits our design criteria
- Work closely with Construction to understand cost and schedule impacts resulting from design or architectural changes
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 5+ years of experience in new retail multi format concept design and development
- Knowledge of relevant building codes, entitlements and accessibility requirements
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with internal teams and external partners
- Excellent project management and time management skills, with strong attention to detail
- Experience managing architects, designers, vendors from property inception through opening
- Proficiency in 2D/3D software, such as AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp
- Ability to travel frequently
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top