At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
You're an enthusiastic app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our Android team. We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases. Within the teams, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, and accountable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a bi-weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behaviour and heavy use of analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA.
- Work within our product teams to build exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Implement unit and UI automation tests
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- 3+ years of experience in mobile software development
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin
- Understand unit testing
- Good sense of usability and product
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing data storages
- Experience pursuing side projects or open source projects
- Shipped Android apps, available on Google Play
- Professional and stable working environment.
- The latest technology and equipment you need.
- Medical & dental insurance
- English classes with native speakers.
- 18 weeks of paid paternity leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- 28 calendar days for vacation and up to 10 paid days off.
- Spacious office facing National Library + opportunity to work remotely.