Analyst, Support Data Solutions
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
By making the right data available to the right team members, at the right time, the Support Data Solutions team can optimize the Lyft driver and rider experience. As a Data Solutions Analyst, you will be responsible for building the data pipelines, visualizations and data monitoring systems required to serve our global support organization’s needs.
You’ll work with your peers as well as cross-functionally with other technical teams, in order to build the systems required to deliver value for our stakeholders.
- Work with product, engineering, data analytics and operational business stakeholders to understand and prioritize reporting needs
- Translate complex business needs into clear data structure requirements - and build out those requirements to enable intuitive data visualization
- Design, test and deploy improvements to our “Command Center” - the home for Support data reporting
- Build and automate data monitoring capabilities to proactively identify anomalous trends and data quality issues
- Identify actionable, value-added optimization and efficiency opportunities, and contribute to the continuous improvement of Support’s data and reporting infrastructure
- 3+ years work experience, performing skills & responsibilities similar to this role
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle): able to make sense out of a set of large, raw events tables.
- Experience building new data tables using ETL logic
- Proven ability to translate unstructured business problems into clearly defined requirements
- Experience using and administering data visualization tools such as Looker orTableau
- Comfortable communicating and empathizing with individuals across a variety of roles — you will need to gather needs from Support business owners, and then articulate those needs to technical partners
- Experience transforming data & automating processes using a scripting language like Python
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top