Actuarial Manager, Claims
At Lyft, community is who we are, it’s what we do, and it’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community, by creating an open, inclusive and diverse organization where all team members belong.
Lyft, is looking for a fearless Claims Analytics Manager to partner with claims leadership to drive important data driven decisions. This important role will be embedded in the Insurance Actuarial Team, and serve as the voice of the claims truth at our San Francisco headquarters. You will partner with many groups across the organization across product lines. Here you will engage with claims executives, actuaries and team up with Engineering, Data Science, Operations, Finance, and Legal to solve complex claims challenges. Our insurance solutions are evolving and the team is growing. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Develop and maintain dashboards to monitor claims handling practices and assess the impact of any changes on actuarial reserving and pricing models
- Investigate leading indicators of frequency and severity, and effectively communicate findings to external audiences including senior management
- Work with Claims leadership and executives to evaluate TPA performance and guide strategic decisions around claims management
- Hold quarterly insight meetings with claims partners and be the foundation of data driven process improvement
- Build and manage external relationships with insurance companies, consultants and risk professionals to prioritize and deliver on claims data exchanges
- Support the claims operations and financial planning process by providing key inputs from claims handling models
- ACAS/FCAS preferred (flexible scheduling during exam preparation for ACAS and continuing ed support for FCAS; we want to be part of your career development!)
- Carrier experience a must; Personal or commercial auto insurance experience required
- Capable of building external and internal relationships on behalf of the Risk Solutions team
- Experience with claims operations required, reserving experience preferred
- Advanced quantitative degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Very Strong Excel; experience with SQL and R (or Python) and BI dashboarding tools required
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Balance attention to detail with fast-pace Lyft environment
- Passionate about Lyft and ridesharing
- Highly innovative
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top