Actuarial Analyst, Reserving
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
At Lyft, actuaries are more than risk modelers, they are trusted business advisors, with a key voice in our most important decisions. We partner with many groups across the organization to work on core products. Get ready to deploy your actuarial skills in innovative ways and team up with Engineering, Data Science, Operations, Finance, and Legal to solve complex pricing challenges. Our insurance solutions are evolving and the team is growing. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Build and maintain tools and dashboards used to analyze loss development and identify emerging patterns & trends
- Enhance monthly performance metrics and automate calculation processes to increase efficiency
- Evaluate reserving methodologies and improve accuracy of reserves by utilizing both conventional and new, more sophisticated techniques
- Support the financial reporting process by providing key actuarial inputs
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in P&C actuarial field (flexible scheduling during exam preparation and continuing education support for FCAS; we want to be part of your career development!)
- Experience with reserving, pricing or modeling
- Personal or commercial auto insurance experience required
- Minimum of Bachelor or equivalent degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Very Strong Excel; experience with SQL and R (or Python) and an interest in coding/automation preferred
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Balance attention to detail with fast-pace Lyft environment
- Passionate about Lyft and ridesharing
- Highly innovative
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See Inside the Office of Lyft
Lyft is a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Users download the app, request a ride, and get picked up by a friendly driver—all within minutes. From the moment users hop into the car, Lyft is more than a ride. Lyft believes that transportation can bring people together and make communities better, and the company works to creates a new way to live in cities.
Back to top