Sr. Manager, FrontEnd Engineering
Lucid is a market research platform that provides access to authentic, first-party data in over 90 countries. Our products and services enable anyone, in any industry, to ask questions of targeted audiences and find the answers they need – fast. These answers can be used to uncover consumer motivations, increase revenue, and measure the impact of digital advertising. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices in Dallas, New York, London, Sydney, Singapore, Gurgaon, Prague, and Hamburg.
Team Description and Culture:
Lucid’s frontend team is a diverse group of developers widely distributed across North and South America and Europe. This team is currently a small, highly motivated and talented group looking to grow. We have developed and implemented a design system in close collaboration with our UX team. Lucid is an innovative, fast moving company where you will have a chance to make a serious impact on the future of the company.
- Build an engaged, high performing team of Frontend Engineers through technical leadership, mentorship, performance management, and goal setting.
- Maintain and evolve the Frontend technical stack through evaluating new and in-use technology, establishing standards, and working with stakeholders to align with business needs.
- Deliver creative solutions to business problems through cross-functional partnerships, agile practice guidance to teams, and effective project scoping and resource management.
- Contribute to the Frontend stack through shipping code, providing code and architecture reviews, and triaging production issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience or education
- 6+ years in software development
- 2+ years in managing technical teams
- Expertise managing a team of engineers for career development, performance, commitments.
- Experience implementing software development best practices for code management, continuous integration, and automated testing (unit, integration, e2e.)
- Experience with a breadth of web technologies not limited to Frontend (e.g. Python, Lambdas, Kafka, noSQL.)
- Experience working with code and project management tools such as Git, NPM, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence.
- Strong working knowledge of REST APIs and integrating with them, including security and performance considerations.
- Experience working with devops platforms like Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant preferred.
- Prior experience working in a nimble, innovative startup environment is a big plus.
- Availability and interest to travel approximately once a quarter to New Orleans, and occasional travel to New York City.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top