Senior Director, Product Marketing
- Flexible / Remote
Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Lucid is looking for a Senior Director of Product Marketing to join the Marketing team. The ideal candidate will have a combination of business strategy, product marketing, competitive strategy, pricing, creativity, analytical thinking and communication skills. The role will sit in the Marketing Team and work closely with the Product team, Sales team, and other client facing teams to deliver product marketing initiatives. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to position our products, both existing and new, for success.
The employee would ideally be based in our New Orleans or New York offices, but we are open to remotely-based candidates as well. #LI-Remote
- Build, grow and lead a team of Product Marketers
- Leverage existing and customize specific product marketing frameworks that help bring products to market
- Lead market and competitive assessment, surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product direction, size market opportunities, analyze competitors and competitive offerings, and develop pricing strategies, and ensure product-market fit
- Create and lead a forum, with representation from Product, Sales and Marketing, to coordinate and collaborate on go-to-market activities as a product goes from inception to general availability
- Partner with cross functional team to create, implement and evolve a customer advisory board with target segments to understand unmet needs/gaps
- Provide quantitative evaluation of the ideas generated in product explorations either through consumer research or from internal team analysis, discussions, and brainstorming
- Drive business case development – bring together customer insights, research, financial data and analytics to develop a perspective on revenue and profitability potential for new to market initiatives
- Plan and execute coordinated go-to-market plans for launches of new products and capabilities, partnering closely with our Product Management, Sales and Marketing
- Develop key positioning and messaging to drive adoption of our existing and new products
- Grow the product marketing function into international markets
- 12+ years of Product Marketing experience, SaaS and marketplace businesses, and marketing experience BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- Experience setting strategic direction and executing operational and go-to-market plans that require input and execution from multiple teams
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work cross-functionally across Sales and Product and Marketing
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and build consensus on critical initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable leveraging large amounts of data to drive decisions and a passion for continuous testing and optimization
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing time and resources based on business impact
- Passion for delighting and advocating for customers and an intimate understanding of how and when to influence customer behavior
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top