Senior Backend Engineer - Marketplace
- New York, NY
Lucid is a market research platform that provides access to authentic, first-party data in over 90 countries. Our products and services enable anyone, in any industry, to ask questions of targeted audiences and find the answers they need – fast. These answers can be used to uncover consumer motivations, increase revenue, and measure the impact of digital advertising. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices in Dallas, New York, London, Sydney, Singapore, Gurgaon, Prague, and Hamburg.
Lucid Engineering is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Marketplace team. This position is for a top software engineer who likes challenges. Our business has been doubling in the last few years and so our systems need to scale to accommodate this growth. This role will focus on developing, scaling, and maintaining services for Buyers to ensure that the Marketplace delivers fast and comprehensive access to answer their questions. This role has the opportunity to be remotely based in the United States. #LI-Remote
- Develop RESTful APIs to support both internal and external clients
- Build reliable, maintainable, well-documented features that will scale to support millions of surveys
- Execute full software development life cycle as part of an Agile team, including: collaborating with Product Managers to refine and modify requirements, encouraging use of established design paradigms and design patterns, implementing strong unit and integration testing practices, and documenting features and code
- Mentor junior team members in code review, system design, and effective communication
- Participate in an on-call rotation to monitor shipped features for success and defects
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer in their previous roles
- Experience working in an Agile environment with continually adjusting requirements
- Ability to rapidly debug and solve problems, even in unfamiliar areas
- Proven understanding of software design principles
- Experience creating efficient data schemas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aims to push the limits of your knowledge and experience every day
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Experience with high volume and high performance web applications, including sub-second SLAs
- Experience with SQLSever
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top