Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
The Staff Software Engineer in Test will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of test automation systems, the creation of software tools and test infrastructure used to perform feature verification and regression tests and driving quality-centric methodologies in the software development process. The Staff SDET will ensure the delivery of a high-quality software across the Lucid Marketplace platform and will be responsible for building and executing test strategy and plans across multiple products while working with engineering teams to identify and resolve defects.
- Build a test-driven engineering culture that drives improvements in quality
- Lead and guide team with extensive knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts in Software Development field
- Work with development team leaders to develop test plans and approach for products and present the quality perspective
- Evolve the product code quality and internal execution efficiency by implementing Object Oriented design principles, refactoring, Unit testing, and test driven development
- Design test tools to optimize test efficacy and coverage
- Investigate software, hardware, and system problems using a variety of techniques and provides innovative solutions
- Conduct and lead in reviews and inspections for all elements in the software lifecycle to ensure that our software quality and customer satisfaction goals are achieved
- Prepares appropriate documentation as required by internal product development processes and regulatory agencies such as ISO
- Initiates technology evaluations where needed to make sure key technical decisions are approached with proper due diligence
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Masters preferred
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience in C#, C++, or Java
- Expertise in testing object-oriented and service-oriented design, and multi-threaded services/applications
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience working with Cloud environments. Preferably AWS.
- Experience with Selenium, BDD frameworks.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and building world class software
- Highly proficient SQL and Database skills
- Ability to rapidly debug and solve problems in unfamiliar areas
- Experience in working in an agile environment with rapidly changing requirements and tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.