Privacy and Compliance Manager
- Flexible / Remote
Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Lucid is looking for a smart, ambitious and detail-oriented Privacy and Compliance Manager to join our Legal and Compliance Team. We seek a motivated, resourceful, and engaging Privacy and Compliance Manager to work with Lucid’s Privacy and Compliance Counsel and other members of the team, in order to grow the privacy and compliance functions across a fast-paced and dynamic company. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who loves technology, automation, process building/streamlining, and finding efficiencies. In addition to having a strong foundation in privacy, as well as additional experience in cybersecurity and general compliance, Lucid is looking for someone who is well organized, self-confident, and good at maintaining strong relationships at all levels of an organization and will prove to be a critical and important addition to the team.
- Working with Privacy and Compliance Counsel, develop and/or mature Lucid’s data privacy and compliance programs, consistent with local laws and company policies
- Own and manage Lucid’s vendor onboarding and supplier compliance processes, Lucid’s interactions with customers’ privacy processes, and industry specific certifications (e.g., ISO 20252)
- Manage privacy initiatives and operational implementation of site-based and system-wide privacy strategies, including DPIAs, GDPR Article 30 Record of Processing Activities, Privacy by Design, etc.
- Ensure alignment of day-to-day operations with Lucid privacy and compliance policies and regulations (e.g., data map, vendor management, data subject rights requests, etc.)
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that privacy and compliance procedures are followed
- Partner with IT and Security teams to align on mutual goals touching both privacy and information security
- Document audit findings and risks, as well as the recommendations, and manage resulting management-approved action plans
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities, and communicate and monitor same
- Facilitate and/or provide appropriate guidance, education, training, and regular communications on compliance to internal stakeholders and management
- Identify, investigate and correct potential compliance gaps and/or areas of risk to ensure full compliance with privacy and other regulations
- Partner with Operations and Product teams with respect to business initiative developments
- Assist with other Legal and Compliance areas as needed (e.g., foreign entity governance)
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in related field
- Minimum 2+ years of substantive post-education privacy experience
- Applicable certifications as a privacy professional (e.g., CIPP-US, CIPM, CISM, etc.) strongly preferred
- Global compliance experience preferred
- Cybersecurity experience, including ISO 27001 and PCI DSS preferred
- Ability to thrive independently in a fast paced, energetic environment and prioritize at times of high-volume with good judgment and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal), transparent and open to feedback
- Intense attention to detail, with a proclivity for improving processes
- Proficient in various business software and applications and the ability to easily adopt and learn new technologies and systems (MS Office, OneTrust, SalesForce, ServiceNow, DocuSign, Confluence, NetSuite, etc.)
- High degree of emotional intelligence and strong relationship management skills required, with a hands-on, practical, and collaborative manner
- Team player ready to work closely with legal and compliance team colleagues, as well as business, product, and engineering staff to accomplish shared goals
- ISO 20252 experience helpful
- Market research, Ad Tech, or media experience a plus
- Familiarity with other compliance issues a plus (e.g., foreign entity compliance, HR compliance)
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top