Manager, Revenue Accounting
- New Orleans, LA
Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Lucid seeks a Manager of Revenue Accounting to join our revenue accounting team. The Manager of Revenue Accounting will report to the Director of Revenue Accounting and manage the billing and revenue accounting processes for services and other product lines. The ability to prioritize, identify opportunities for process and system improvements, and drive the realization of those improvements are essential in this role. This is a hybrid contributor and people manager role, with 2 immediate direct reports and further team growth anticipated. The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of GAAP and reporting requirements, and some experience as a supervisor or direct manager of more junior teammates.
- Oversee the daily and monthly billing, invoicing and revenue accounting processes for services and other product lines.
- Lead the month-end and year-end financial close processes for specific revenue sources.
- Ensure that all required financial data is recorded, reconciled, and disclosed timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP.
- Review and approve accounting transactions and maintain general ledger and fiscal records.
- Develop, train, and manage a small team, cultivating an atmosphere that motivates employees and provides opportunities for initiative.
- Prioritize team tasks to maintain schedules and meet the company’s needs and objectives.
- Collaborate with the accounting team and other business units to accomplish billing and revenue accounting activities and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify process and system improvements and lead efforts to implement those improvements.
- Support the annual financial statement and statutory audits.
- Enhance and maintain internal controls, policies, procedures, and other documentation.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting and analysis and complete special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration; CPA not required but preferred.
- 4+ years of progressive accounting and 1+ years of leadership experience required; public accounting experience preferred (Big 4 a plus but not required).
- Familiarity with GAAP, internal control over financial reporting, monthly and yearly close processes, and audit facilitation.
- Demonstrated experience with managing and coaching teams to achieve outstanding performance and exercising good judgment to raise relevant issues to leadership.
- Proven ability to foster strong cross-functional relationships and establish productive outcomes.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex accounting concepts, and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Acute attention to detail and strong analytical and organization skills.
- Proficiency in or ability to quickly learn enterprise accounting and customer relationship management software (NetSuite and Salesforce preferred).
- Excellent Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, Xlookups, macros, etc.).
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top