Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Responsible for leading and supervising a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems. If you are highly motivated, passionate about clean code, and seeking a collaborative, inclusive environment we would like to hear from you.
- Build a team of developers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- Lead a team of developers including identifying and defining priorities and ensuring smooth delivery of product features
- Recognize and anticipate delivery and scaling risks/challenges and work with the team to mitigate them
- Work closely with our Product team to gather requirements and develop solutions to customer needs
- Create quarterly tech priorities with other teams
- 4+ years experience in software development
- 1+ years experience managing engineers
- Experience taking multiple projects from conception to production
- Understanding of best practices around code testing and peer review
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Proven analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to iterate quickly
- Experience refactoring legacy code
- Experience with AWS or another Cloud Provider
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.)
- Experience with Go, Python and/or Node.js
- Agile experience
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.