Director, Information Security
- Flexible / Remote
Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
We are seeking a highly organized and proactive Director of Information Security, who will think strategically to build short-term and long-term plans on how to most efficiently manage the day-to-day support of all Internal Security Systems (Networks, Hardware, SAAS, and Software). Our ideal candidate is excited with the opportunity to innovate on the cutting edge of secure cloud services through deep technical security knowledge and a solid work ethic. In this role, you will report directly to the Executive Director of Information Technology, and be the subject matter expert on all things relating to Information Security. This position is a hands on technical position, in which the ideal candidate will be able to function from not only a process, and planning perspective but also be a key contributor to security architecture and technology decisions. This role will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of new and innovative solutions to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of Lucid owned or managed information assets in accordance with the Information Security Policy.
Ideally this employee will be based out of one of Lucid's office locations (New Orleans, Dallas, New York) but we are open to this employee being based remotely full time. #LI-Remote
- Assess internal processes, systems, hardware and software licensing, by collecting business requirements from stakeholders in order to analyze current state and make recommendations for the business going forward
- Develop, publish, and maintain comprehensive information security standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines including data classification and protection, as well as development and execution of an information security training and awareness program;
- Lead, in partnership with IT, Legal, Product, People, and other departments, the organization’s existing and prospective Information Security, Compliance and Privacy programs in accordance with industry standards and requirements, which includes, but is not limited to: ISO 27001, GDPR, COBIT, etc.
- Drive application and network security for all facets of Lucid
- Identify security exposures and develop mitigation plans
- Serve as project manager for the design and implementation of IT and Security policies
- Work closely with internal clients to implement large network or systems oriented projects
- Lead the implementation of best-practice security procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Develop and execute a vision and budget to support our rapid growth
- Manage and maintain relationships with Lucid security vendors and partners, including Lucid’s managed SIEM and Security Operations Center
- Work with a lean IT internal team, which means pinch hitting on the day-to-day maintenance and activities of IT support
- Review technology proposals for security and privacy controls and recommend adjustments to align with Lucid’s Information Security Policy
- Respond to client and vendor due-diligence requests for information security
- Cultivate a sustainable, continual improvement program based on process maturity
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, the sciences, engineering or other related technical fields
- 8+ years’ experience in managing large scale projects, leading teams, and managing networks and systems
- Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC or equivalents
- Excellent customer service, with the proven ability to operate at all levels of the organization, including at the executive team level
- Experience with the design, development, and day-to-day management of systems
- Experience working in a regulated environment with in-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Excellent project management skills, specifically must be able to think creatively, communicate technical ideas clearly, and influence decisions across teams and with senior leaders
- Substantial exposure to Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Comfort with leading teams and mentoring new administrators
- Experience with cloud-based IT solutions (Office 365, Google Apps, AWS, etc)
- Experience managing and developing a security program aligned with an industry standard such as ISO-27002, COBIT, and NIST CSF
- Strong sense of empathy for end users working a fast-pace, high growth small to midsize company
Skills and Competencies
- Maintains strong problem solving and creative skills, able to act decisively in making solid, informed judgment calls in response to both the technological and critical regulatory environment and the day-to-day business issues;
- Ability to articulate security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Ability to set priorities and balance likelihood and business impact against cost of remediation and competing business interests;
- Possesses effective communication and presentation skills to articulate policies, procedures and plans to senior level management; and
- Possess a competency in project management methodology.
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top