Director, Data Science
Lucid is a market research platform that provides access to authentic, first-party data in over 90 countries. Our products and services enable anyone, in any industry, to ask questions of targeted audiences and find the answers they need – fast. These answers can be used to uncover consumer motivations, increase revenue, and measure the impact of digital advertising. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices in Dallas, New York, London, Sydney, Gurgaon, Prague, Singapore and Brazil (Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro).
As Director, Data Science, you will work collaboratively with product, engineering and business teams to lead and define the standards for Lucid’s Audience Measurement product line. This includes product analyses, validation, standards, and development of best practices. Ultimately, you are accountable for developing and maintaining research methods that align Lucid capabilities with market claims and acceptable standards of measurement. The right candidate has the gravitas and smarts to drive thought leadership for the industry overall, and present findings at relevant customer forums on behalf of Lucid.
- Supports prototyping and pilot programs for R&D purposes. The primary areas include but not limited to trend analyses, data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization, as well as working with different data sources.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and test new audience measurement methodologies.
- Develops and automates methodologies in Python (and/or R), and implement required methodological refinements in reporting and analytic systems.
- Independently executes analytic activities supporting methodology design (e. g. data fusion, weighting/projection, statistical modeling, and technical research) and identifies/ recommends process improvements.
- Sets standards and educates internal stakeholders, customers and the industry.
Need to Have:
- Masters degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Operations Research, or other hard sciences (e. g. Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise.
- Experience in manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting large data sources.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience in predictive modeling, multivariate statistics (parametric/ non-parametric), data aggregation techniques, trend analysis, automation, generalization, algorithms.
- Proficient in Python (as statistical package tool) and/or R
- Proficient in SQL and working with large-scale databases
Nice to Have:
- Experience in media measurement and digital attribution.
- Experience in online survey methodologies.
- Experience employing causal inference methods.
- Experience utilizing high-level programming languages (e. g. Python).
- Experience working with big data technologies (e. g. Spark) and/or machine learning.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top