Lucid is the world’s largest audience platform for sourcing and understanding real, deterministic data about human behavior at scale. The company has built the largest and most powerful programmatic survey exchange, and has enabled brands, agencies and partners to ask and answer more than 8 billion questions worldwide. With a pool of over 70 million respondents, Lucid delivers unprecedented access to consumers for data-driven decision making – about everything from marketing to product development in real-time. Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans with offices in New York, London, Brazil, Sydney and Gurgaon.
Lucid’s Technology team is looking for a Head of AI/ML to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate is looking for an exciting new opportunity to build and lead a team building new products from the ground up with state-of-the-art technology, a high level creativity and freedom. You will apply your analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, and cloud technologies knowledge in building the next generation of Lucid products helping us get to our vision of global questions, human answers providing real time impact. With a great freedom to innovate, you will play a leading role in world-class research that is at the heart of the future of the company on artificial intelligence and machine learning. You will team up with business stakeholders to prioritize work and resources across a globally distributed team. In addition, you will coach, mentor, and guide your engineers to help them shine and advance their career development.
- Build and lead a world class AI/ML team
- Work closely with our other engineering teams, product managers, business and sales leaders to determine what critical, customer impacting problems can be solved with the use of various artificial intelligence techniques
- Design and develop a robust framework for the building, testing and deployment of models into a large scale, highly performant and customer critical production environment
- Be the thought leader in ways we can provide insights and intelligence for our customers
Qualifications & Characteristics
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, with 10+ years of experience in developing, implementing and managing AI/ML related projects
- Strong technical skills on machine learning/AI with proven track record. These technical skills include, but not limited to, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, statistical techniques, deep learning, supervised learning, unsupervised learning
- Strong technical knowledge on big data technologies (Hadoop, HBase, Spark), cloud, and open source software tools
- You have been exploring or working on some of the latest advancements in the deep learning space (Tensorflow, seq2seq, RNN, word2vec, etc.)
- Outstanding track record of successful solutions design in the digital spaceStrong development background. We’re building a team of developers who not only design and define the models, but also implement those models, test the models and are responsible for the quality of the models in a large scale production environmentCapable of quickly becoming familiar with new approaches to AI and computational comprehension.
- Excited about leading a team of highly diverse, creative people, all aiming for the same goal and mutually supportive of each other.
- Have what it takes to break new ground and implement radical innovation. You’ve got a track record of driving change.
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and you inspire others to embrace change
- You pay an intense amount of attention to the quality of the product, data, and code and you will not stop until you find out why the thing being built does not work as expected.
- A forward thinker who is passionate about developing highly innovative breakthrough technologies, and has the endurance and resilience to make innovation happen.
- Open to thinking out of the box, is innovative, and can work with new and different artificial intelligence/intelligent computing paradigms.
- Indicates superior capabilities in abstract, verbal, and spatial reasoning, able to build complex systems mentally and then implement them with a sharp eye for detail.
- 5+ years of experience leading software development team in a technology company
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top