Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer
- New Orleans, LA
Lucid is a market research platform that provides access to authentic, first-party data in over 90 countries. Our products and services enable anyone, in any industry, to ask questions of targeted audiences and find the answers they need – fast. These answers can be used to uncover consumer motivations, increase revenue, and measure the impact of digital advertising. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices in Dallas, New York, London, Sydney, Singapore, Gurgaon, Prague, and Hamburg.
Here we value collaborative, fearless and ambitious individuals who want to make an impact. We also understand that our employees quality of life is just as important as our goals so we offer remote working, flexible working hours and many more benefits to ensure everyone can function in their best way!
Our vision for the role:
We are searching for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with an unquenchable thirst for automation and a passion for DevOps methodology. You'll be working with a team of other engineers to build out and evolve our rapidly expanding cloud infrastructure in AWS.
The team holds itself accountable to a high standard of build quality. We have recently completed the first major phase of a completely green-field infrastructure and platform rebuild that is designed to underpin Lucid’s business applications for the next decade, while scaling to support a 10-fold growth in revenue. We are compulsive about infrastructure as code (nothing in our platform is created or deployed unless via a code change) and driven to achieve a full end to end continuous deployment pipeline.
Major elements of our platform include AWS (we make significant use of S3, RDS, Kinesis, EC2, EMR, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch and EKS), Linux, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, Ansible and Jenkins. We support applications and services written in Golang, Python, Java, Scala and .Net. We monitor and alert on everything we deploy via Grafana, Prometheus, Graphite and ELK stacks.
You will be someone that shares our values and ambitions and can bring something to the team that we can benefit from. It might be prior experience of the journey, architectural insight into cloud native systems, specific technology expertise in parts of our stack or a combination of them all. Whatever it is, you will be the kind of person that is energised by complex challenges, teamwork and problem solving. In return, we can offer a great tech culture, highly competitive compensation packages and employment benefits.
- Work as part of the Infrastructure team on sprints that evolve our core platform and systems
- Provide point of expertise on infrastructure and CI/CD to our wider engineering teams - often working as part of their scrum on larger projects
- Automate the build and deployment of software to our cloud platform and help the organisation do it more efficiently and effectively. Eliminate all repetitive manual operations from our daily lives
- Improve our monitoring and alerting systems to enable engineering teams to successfully operate and gain insights into the behaviour of applications in “hands-off” environments
- Participate in an on-call rotation and assist with troubleshooting issues that arise
- Three years or more experience in predominantly cloud infrastructure roles (AWS) working within teams that practice DevOps
- Ability to interact comfortably with AWS via CLI and/or API
- Expertise and solid experience in deploying infrastructure as code with, at minimum, Terraform and ideally some of the supporting cast (Ansible, Packer)Excellent knowledge of building and running Docker images/containers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the software development lifecycle, including the use of git and continuous integration tools (Jenkins’ Groovy DSL, TravisCI, github actions etc.)
- Understanding of “cloud native” and 12-Factor applications
- Good knowledge of monitoring and alerting using one or more of: Graphite, Statsd, Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty
- Expertise in at least one scripting or programming language (Python, Bash, Ruby, Node, Golang, Java)
- Plays well with others - we build and ship as a team
- Good knowledge of the network stack at L4 and L7, particularly inter VPC routing
- Experience with managing DNS and resolver hierarchies
- Ability to debug HTTP APIs and understand other L7 protocols
- Kubernetes administration experienceSpecific cloud security expertise (threat assessment, attack surface management, SGs, NACLs, data security)
- Experience of building and running Windows servers in AWS
- Experience of continuous deployment strategies and technologies (Blue/Green, DNS or LB weighting, automated regression testing, Spinnaker, CodeDeploy, Jenkins for CD)
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top