Business Intelligence Engineer
- Gurgaon, India
Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer will be responsible for the full life cycle of design and development of BI solutions including data warehouses, data marts, data lakes, integrations, and reporting components.
- Interact with various business units and tech teams to gather requirements
- Design, develop, test and deploy business intelligence solutions
- Design and document data structures/models and data flows
- Ensure data quality, completeness and accuracy
- Provide significant contributions to the growth of our data infrastructure
- Collaborate with team members in code reviews, discovering better practices and patterns and continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot and support existing business intelligence solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of related work experience in business intelligence, data engineering, data warehousing, or a similar field.
- Have extensive experience with Python
- Strong SQL experience including advanced query concepts and query performance tuning
- Have experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Snowflake, and Matillion) is preferred
- Have experience integrating data from multiple data sources and have processed large amounts of semi-unstructured and structured data
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, creative thinking, and design skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with standard star schema design and development concepts, including fact table types, grain levels, and SCDs is preferred
- Have knowledge of multiple database programming languages and knowledge of relational and columnar databases
- Knowledge of MS BI Reporting Stack (SSRS and Power BI)
- Experience working with global remote teams is preferred
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top