Vice President of Marketing
Based in New York, the Vice President of Marketing will enhance LRN’s position as the premier Ethics & Compliance Advisory Services. They will primarily focus on Product Marketing and Lead Generation for our Ethics and Compliance solutions.
Smart, innovative and savvy, this person will be in instrumental in developing and incorporating the marketing strategy into the vision for LRN, thinking laterally, refining existing approaches, and identifying new opportunities for growth.
This key marketing hire will be responsible for shaping and implementing all marketing activity, creating a measurable shift in awareness for LRN amongst a select group of North American and Internationalcorporate, print & media social and political leaders. They will advance LRN’s reputation as the first port of call for C-Level leadership, including key management in Corporate Governance`, Ethics, Risk & Compliance and General Counsel and Advisors.
LRN current marketing activities are focused on delivering enriched, content-driven experiences, including:
- Ethics & Compliance Education both on line and blended learning. LRN courses earn top honors from training and compliance organizations by providing advanced learning theory and the highest-quality design and production values. LRN partners have access to hundreds of online courses, covering a wide range of general and industry-specific Ethic and Compliance risk facilitating LRN’s partners to achieve principled performance.
- Intellectual capital – LRN generated content in the Marketplace. This includes, Founder and CEO of LRN, Dov Seidman, Chairman & CEO published work includes: “How: Why HOW we Do Anything Means Everything, forward contains a forward written by former United States President, Bill Clinton. He has contributed articles for the New Republic, Harvard Business Review, and is quoted in Thomas Friedman’s column in the New York Times. The Economics Times rated Dov Seidman one of the “Top 60 Global Thinkers of the Last Decade". Since its launch in 1994 LRN has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Compliance Week.
- Conferences - presentations at premier, thought leadership conferences. Recent Conferences Include: Arthur W. Page Society Annual Membership Conference, Elie Wiesel Prize in Ethics Seminar and Award Ceremony, Meeting of the Canadian Council of CEO’s.
- Publications including: LRN Ethics & Compliance Alliance, Ethics & Compliance Alliance Risk Forecast Report, Ethics & Compliance Leadership Survey/Report.
The Global Head of Marketing will engage with colleagues across the Global Offices, enabling them to be active contributors to marketing activities. Key relationships include:
- Dov Siedman, Founder and CEO
- Tom Bubeck, Chief Operating Officer
- David Greenberg, Senior Advisor
- Mike Eichenwald, Advisory Services Lead
- Sunil Bheda, Technology and Product Lead
- All PPP council members
- Contribute to increasing market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product & service and directing strategic and tactical promotional support
- Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; provide information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommend options and courses of action; implement directives
- Maintain relations with partners (what we call our clients) by organizing and developing specific community-relations programs; determine company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars; envision LRN’s leading market share in a rapidly changing compliance and emerging ethics space
- Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data
- Influence present and future products by determining and evaluating current market trends and anticipating future needs
- Lead and mentor marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, and orienting employees to LRN’s mission, culture, and products & services offering
- Provide and oversee maintenance of brand visual design and oversee look / feel of LRN properties, such as website, digital catalog, and eLearning platform
- Execute marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results
- Guide marketing staff job results by counseling employees and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develop marketing staff by providing information, continuing educational and skill-building opportunities, and growth opportunities
- Collaborate with business development and engagement teams on lead generation, presentation support, and other sales support needs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
Qualifications and Experience:
The Vice President of Marketing will ideally have a strong blend of the following qualifications and attributes:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing with a focus on B2B offerings to senior professionals (e.g., CEO, General Counsel, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, and Head of HR)
- Deep experience leading a marketing team including experience with identifying, hiring, mentoring, and retaining talent
- Proven ability to drive business initiatives
- Experience building strategic plans, branding, and creative vision
- Exceptional analytics, leadership, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Effective written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated high degree of ethics and integrity
Since 1994, LRN has helped 15 million people in 700 companies worldwide simultaneously navigate complex legal and regulatory environments and foster ethical cultures. LRN's combination of practical tools, education and strategic advice helps companies translate their values into concrete corporate practices and leadership behaviors that create sustainable competitive advantage.
LRN has a singular mission: to help inspire principled performance in business. LRN believes that a corporate culture that governs according to shared values is the ultimate driver of productivity, profit and long-term value. Companies with a reputation for responsible conduct attract and retain the best employees, customers, partners and investors – yielding long-term, sustainable competitive advantage.
LRN’s offerings mitigate the risk of costly ethical lapses and compliance failures, while building trust and earning the company a reputation for lawful and ethical conduct.
Experience and expertise
With a dedicated team of 250 business professionals LRN brings a wealth of diverse experience and expertise, ranging from law and philosophy to education and multimedia, as well as software and technology – to develop innovative solutions that address critical business needs.
LRN is proud to be at the center of a community of like-minded organizations that have a common vision for acting lawfully and ethically, according to higher standards of business conduct. This community includes companies of all sizes and industries as well as affiliations with professional associations and trade organizations with the shared purpose of promoting responsible conduct among employees, clients, suppliers and shareholders.
LRN is the trusted partner to leading businesses worldwide, including Pfizer, Dow, Dell, 3M, DuPont, and Unilever. LRN operates in more than 120 countries, with headquarters in New York, and offices in Los Angeles, London and Mumbai. For more information, visit www.lrn.com.
LRN is headquartered in New York with offices in London and Mumbai and serves companies in over 120 countries.
To pursue significance by inspiring principled performance.
Culture and Leadership Framework
LRN strives to be self-governing. LRN believes the greatest sources of inspiration originate from within the company. Therefore LRN maintains a flat reporting structure which emphasizes collaborative management. Leadership is inspired and emanates from a values-based culture of self-governance. The operations of the company are led by an operating council, the People & Principled Performance (“PPP”) council.
Back to top