Head of Sales
Since 1994, LRN has helped 15 million people in 700 companies worldwide simultaneously navigate complex legal and regulatory environments and foster ethical cultures. LRN's combination of practical tools, education and strategic advice helps companies translate their values into concrete corporate practices and leadership behaviors that create sustainable competitive advantage. In partnership with LRN, companies need not choose between living principles and maximizing profits, or between enhancing reputation and growing revenue: both are a product of principled performance.
LRN is the trusted partner to leading businesses worldwide, including Pfizer, Dow, Dell, 3M, DuPont, and Unilever. LRN operates in more than 120 countries, with headquarters in New York, and offices in Los Angeles, London and Mumbai. For more information, visit www.lrn.com.
We believe that enduring success is achieved through inspired, ethical leadership – regardless of tenure, job function, or position in an organizational chart. LRN’s culture is the end result of this belief—an environment created by a group of ethical leaders sharing core values and governing ourselves in pursuit of our goals. As the basis of our shared values, the LRN Leadership Framework – which we invite all of our candidates to consider –defines, galvanizes, and unifies our culture. It inspires and informs our conduct, whether we're collaborating with colleagues or partnering with clients. At LRN this isn’t just talk; we aim to attract and hire people who share our core values, and value our mission.
LRN is looking for a Head of Sales to oversee a team of 30+ sales* professionals, including business development, account management, lead generation, and support teams.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can serve primarily as a coach, but also be comfortable assisting on key accounts in need of complex solutions.
*At LRN, we favor the terms “enlistment professional” in lieu of sales executive and “engagement professional” for account manager, as well as “partner” over “client” to better illustrate the longstanding partnerships we aim to build and sustain around the world as we grow our business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Align sales with company objectives
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for the sales teams; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new products
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Own responsibility for developing short- and long-term sales goals and providing input to the growth of the business from a sales perspective
- Lead and mentor sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees – currently 10 open positions
- Provide guidance to the sales team on identifying potential partners, initiating discussions, and participating in the contract process to establish new business and retain existing business
- Guide sales staff job results by counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and championing regular team- and skill-building activities and training
- Actively participate in the sales cycle and act as an executive sponsor for key partners
- Collaborate with the marketing team on lead generation and other marketing needs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develop and maintain domain expertise on relevant business, legal, compliance, and ethical trends and topics
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in sales to senior professionals (e.g., CEO, General Counsel, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Head of HR)
- B2B/SaaS experience
- Proven track record leading a sales team including experience with identifying, hiring, mentoring and retaining talent.
- Proven ability to drive business initiatives.
- Keen understanding of solutions selling to support data-driven buying decisions
- Strong negotiation skills and experience building strategic plans.
- Exceptional analytics, leadership, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Effective written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of ethics and integrity.
- BA/BS degree
Meet Some of LRN's Employees
Alina collaborates with existing partners—across every industry—to create strong values-based ethics and compliance programs that shape company culture and influence employee behavior for the better.
Back to top