Founded in 1929, Lord Abbett is a privately held firm with a singular focus on the management of money. Lord Abbett is one of the oldest investment management firms in the United States and currently manages approximately $149 billion in assets. Over the course of our history, we’ve earned a sterling reputation for our leadership, influence, and innovation in the asset management industry. Today, our independent perspective, our commitment to active management, and our intelligent product design continue to make us relevant to individual and institutional investors.
From the very beginning, we’ve recognized that our people are our greatest asset. As an investment-led, investor-focused firm, we value intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and collaboration across the organization.
We’re looking for people with a keen interest in working for a trusted leader in the asset management industry, a desire to expand their knowledge, and a passion for delivering a client experience that exceeds expectations.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare registration statements for mutual funds including statutory prospectuses, summary prospectuses, SAIs, and supplements
- Coordinate various regulatory filings via EDGAR with the SEC (including proxy statements, shareholder reports, XBRL filings, N-Q, N-SAR, N-PX, and N-MFP)
- Prepare and gather mutual fund board materials
- Draft, update, and file various organizational documents
- Assist with special projects as needed
The candidate should be familiar with the Investment Company Act of 1940 and will have significant involvement in day-to-day legal affairs of mutual funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree and paralegal certificate preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a mutual fund paralegal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Personal Characteristics Required:
- Proactive, collaborative team player
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
Meet Some of Lord Abbett's Employees
Advisor Experience Consultant
Caroline builds and maintains relationships with financial advisors in two territories, assisting with their client inquiries to ensure Lord Abbett’s products and expertise are part of clients’ everyday decisions.
Back to top