Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Risk Associate is responsible for running existing risk reports and creating new ones, monitoring risk breaches, as well as a significant amount of financial analysis and different weekly projects.
Included but are not limited to:
- Running weekly risk reports and examining results to make sure they are accurate
- Learning to use various proprietary risk systems and software, then to modify and enhance existing risk reports and methodologies
- Responding to daily or weekly requests for analysis from the Chief Risk Officer, the Chief Investment Officer, or other members of the risk and investment teams
- Attending investment team meetings and staying up-to-date on current investment themes
- Developing a deeper understanding of global securities markets, including equities, fixed-income, currencies, etc.
- Participating in daily risk meetings with the Chief Risk Officer and the risk team
- Familiarity with developing SQL databases (not just querying)
- Programming in Python for making reports
- Statistics knowledge and the ability to use a major statistics package, preferably Matlab or Stata, but R or SAS is acceptable
- At least 2+ years of experience within risk management, securities data or analysis
- Quantitative or finance background: computer science, financial engineering, mathematics, and statistics are all preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Self-starter, resourceful with excellent problem-solving skills
Lord Abbett is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. All employment decisions at Lord Abbett are based solely on the applicant’s relevant experience, skills and qualifications.
Meet Some of Lord Abbett's Employees
Advisor Experience Consultant
Caroline builds and maintains relationships with financial advisors in two territories, assisting with their client inquiries to ensure Lord Abbett’s products and expertise are part of clients’ everyday decisions.
Back to top