What's the role?
Lord Abbett is seeking PhD level candidates for positions in Quantitative Research and Risk Management. We will be interviewing at the ASSA meetings in Atlanta, January 4 - 6, 2019.
- Carry out research to quantify risk and relative value in fixed income and equity markets
- Build security level models to identify investment opportunities
- Develop strategies for portfolio construction, in the areas of strategic allocation, technical sector rotation, and active security selection strategies
- Apply quantitative techniques and market intuition to large, often novel or unconventional, datasets and cultivate areas of expertise along the way
- Maintain and support existing models used by portfolio managers, risk managers and traders
- A strong academic and research record in finance or a related quantitative field
- Deep knowledge of finance, especially as it pertains to investment management
- Experience with advanced statistical modeling, optimization and numerical methods
- Strong programming skills in Python or another language useful for data analysis
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Good communications skills, both spoken and written
Back to top